That is why it is important to understand the ingredients list, but more importantly, why certain ingredients are effective and safe for your skin. We know that these lists can be confusing. So today, we are showing you the essentials of reading an ingredient list: what to look for and avoid.
- The list of ingredients are listed from highest to lowest concentration.
This means that the ingredient with the highest concentration in the product is listed first. Ingredients with 1% or less could be in any order. Dr.Pinaki Majhi is aware of the properties of each ingredient and the effects some ingredients may cause to your skin as the concentration increases. For example, with a large enough quantity, baking soda is an ingredient that could irritate your skin.Therefore, when MONA Brands creates its products, the formula we created ensures that the ingredients are effective, yet not strong enough to irritate your skin. When choosing a product, remember to look at the top of the list for the ingredients that you and your skin like.
- While the ingredient list is important, knowing the product expiration date is equally essential.
Many people are not aware that skin care products can also expire. Typically, you will be able to find an expiration date attached to the bottom of the container. In order to be mindful of the expiration date, you can look for a drawing indicating the shelf life of your cosmetic products. Another way to find the expiration date is through the production batch code.
However, keep in mind that some expiration dates are not definite; how and where you store your products may also affect the efficacy of your skincare products.
- There is also some other information you might find helpful when choosing your skincare products.
- Some skin types may be sensitive to certain ingredients. Common ingredients that may cause an allergic reaction include:
- Benzyl alcohol
- Essential oils
- Artificial fragrance may cause skin irritation
- MONA brands do not use artificial fragrance.